Social Media and Communications session suggestions out number the tech and tool session suggestions in mass quantities.
We need your help to get the NTEN Nonprofit Technology Conference to have a better Technology focus.
Here is some of the feedback that is listed on the NTEN website about what people are looking for:
More than 70% of 13NTC attendees surveyed identified as either managers or directors at nonprofits. More than 60% of that number also identified as intermediate or journey-level learners. When asked what kinds of content they're specifically looking for:I suggested sessions on:
- 53% indicated they'd like to see an emphasis on technical how-tos
- 50% indicated they'd like to see an emphasis on programmatic uses of technology
- 40% indicated they'd like to see an emphasis on management strategy
- Tech planning: When to use tactical vs strategic vs mission impact planning
- How to process map
I would love to see some others that have experience suggest some of the following:
- Working with technology consultants - how do you pick?
- Using a managed network vs hiring your own network admin
- My favorite Network and technology management tools: what do you use to monitor your network, run help desk, measure bandwidth, review capacity, audit security, etc?
- Data mining and dashboards
- Office365 vs Google Apps
- Back to the basics on Project Management
- The value of a technology committee (project review, peer advisory, etc)
- Best practices in desktop support\management
- BYOD and other policies needed for todays tech
- Governance of all kinds, data, process, etc
Anyway, that is just my initial list, I am sure you have ideas, so go suggest them now!
But before you do! Be sure to read this awesome post from Peter Campbell about how to suggest a session.
Then go to NTEN and suggest your session! Before June 15, yeah, only 4 days left.